Our Confined Space Safety and Technical Rescue Service will provide you with peace of mind that your employees and contractors will work in the safest environment when making a confined space entry, and should an emergency situation arise, Rescue 2 will be there to manage and execute the emergency and rescue arrangements.
We are not just a confined space rescue ‘stand by team’. We provide a dynamic and interactive service in confined space safety. Our teams work with many tier 1 and 2 main contractors within the construction, energy and utility sectors.
Our teams are all front line Emergency Service workers and Rescue Specialists with a wealth of knowledge and experience. They are all City and Guilds trained to the highest standard in the industry, but their key skills are developed in the emergency services arena. Many have attended incidents all over the globe including New Zealand, Japan, Turkey, Montserrat and other major global disasters in recent years.
Rescue 2 also provides a technical rope rescue provision, so we are not reliant on standard basic entry and rescue equipment. We can provide you with technical solutions to safety and rescue problems that many other teams just cannot match. Whether it is a technical or complex rescue scenario or simply a solution to contractor safety such as fall arrest, work restraint or position, Rescue 2 can provide the answer.
How do we work?
Rescue 2 works all over the UK. We can provide a standard 3 person team or much larger teams if required – depending on the complexity of the assignment, or risk.
We work days, nights and weekends and we can also provide 24hr a day cover where needed. Our teams are totally self-sufficient and flexible providing clients with a smooth and fluid approach to on-site safety and rescue management.
A typical assignment would include the following:
- Meet with the client on-site, make an initial inspection of the work area and advise on potential risks and rescue provision required;
- Issue a method statement, first aid risk assessment, safe system of work and rescue plan;
- Inspect the confined space or risk area immediately prior to any works commencing to establish that the risk assessment, method statement, safety systems of work and rescue plan remain valid and sufficient at the time of works commencing;
- Provide all personnel entering or working in the confined space with a safety briefing;
- Check that all personnel entering and working in the confined space are trained and certified to the correct level;
- Check all equipment used in the confined space is certified, in safe working order and complies with DSEAR Regulations where applicable;
- Control and monitor all personnel entering and exiting the confined space with tag system;
- Monitor the atmospheric stability of the confined space and advise if additional precautions should be taken or if works should be stopped and re-evaluated;
- Should the need arise for the rescue team to perform a rescue, then the rescue plan will be implemented and a rescue will be performed. The rescue team is then responsible for any person recovered from the confined space until they are deemed fit, or are passed on to the emergency services.
Rescue 2 can also offer a full paramedic rescue provision with dedicated on-site front line spec ambulances and medical treatment, rope rescue, technical rescue, initial firefighting and chemical response including front line spec fire appliances all crewed by multi disciplined emergency service trained and experienced personnel.
Rescue 2 will offer you impartial advice, including confined space risk assessments, safety and rescue planning analysis, staged rescue gap analysis with written reports to identify specific needs to the customer. We can also offer a total care package including confined space training that can be carried out on-site using one of our dedicated bespoke mobile confined space training units which offer either accredited City and Guilds qualifications or bespoke training.
We have vehicles and equipment to comfortably manage multiple teams in a variety of high risk environments.
Rescue 2 have a fully equipped Ambulance and medical division.
Our front line paramedic provision has proven to be invaluable on complex, high risk scenarios – and also for larger projects with multiple contractors, where the team are kept busy with minor injuries and day to day illness, plus medical screening for high intensity work and confined spaces. A paramedic with full drugs kit is available on dedicated teams and assignments, where there is a requirement for enhanced medical provision.
We also own a fully equipped Fire Appliance, so that we can provide an initial on-site firefighting and chemical response provision. The appliance is fully crewed with experienced and professional emergency service personnel.
Our Fire and Medical teams complement our Confined Space, Technical and Rope Rescue specialists, ensuring we can offer a flexible, professional and fully holistic approach to our Safety and Rescue provision.